Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We voted today

Jeremy and I voted today. There was a line. Not long. I took a moment after I touched the box for Obama/Biden. I triple checked that my vote was where I wanted and then I waited a space and said a prayer. Please. This is my first presidential election as a parent.

The election workers said yesterday, the 8th day of early voting in Colorado, was the busiest by far. They said voters were steady streaming, all day long, 7:30am - 5:30pm.


Then a friend just sent me this, the CNN political ticker of today's electoral college projections and in particular, Obama is up in Colorado:


I'm getting that nervous sick feeling like this guy. I'm nervous about the informercial tonight. I'm nervous about wily GOP operatives suppressing the vote and my paralegal reminded me today that both of the touch screen voting system vendors have been hacked into previously and "were able to manipulate data."

Please oh please oh please oh please let Obama win this election and have 8 long, wonderful years . . . .

No comments: