Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Daddy apane wwwwerrrrk

Jeremy flew to Texas today for work. He got up before Brody was awake.

Naturally, Brody wondered where daddy was, and I told him Daddy was in an airplane for work.

At which point, Brody started to chant, "Dahhdeee apane wwwerrrkkkkk....dahhdeee apane wwwerrrkkkkk...."

Last night I was actually glad when Brody mispronounced moon by saying "noom." Then this morning he is making 3 word sentences.

It struck me that parenting is a constant dichotomy between simultaneously bursting with pride at your child's accomplishments, and yearning for the time he did not have so many.

2 comments:

Alina Klein said...

That is such a true statement. I was trying to help Fintan say his name correctly today and then I thought how sad I'll be when he doesn't say "Tintan" anymore.

pattinase (abbott) said...

And as grandparents we share these exact sentiments.