Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sisters and quandaries

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty
My sister Marilyn and I went to dinner last night to work on a present for our mom's 70th birthday.
We spent 3 1/2 hours at the restaurant. We came close to closing it down.
I don't think I have laughed that hard in months.
We reminisced. We gossiped. We filled in each other's memories. She got teary eyed reminding me of a birthday card I sent her when she was in college (and I was apparently 11 or 12). She even remembered what it said. I have absolutely no memory of it.
It's that kind of night that makes me think maybe Brody should not be our only child.
He would never miss having a sibling, I suppose. But Jeremy and I would know he was missing that. It's one of those decisions I wish would become clear.
And, you know, easy to execute.
But I digress.
Last night was amazing. Also, this is a really wonderful restaurant. They let us loiter while we created a gift for mom. (Which will be revealed after this weekend, because said mother has indicated she reads this blog!).
As I write this, my mom and stepdad are traveling to Colorado to a condo in the mountains. Marilyn, me and our families are meeting them there for the weekend. I cannot wait!

No comments: