Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My mom and Obama

I just emailed this to my mom, and this is her email back. But before you read her email, let me just tell you that for the first, what, 25?, years of my life, my mom was about as Republican as you can get. We lived in a very wealthy area, in a very cloistered existence.

My mom moved from Germany in the 1950's, when she was 18 (She turns 70 in a few weeks). She is retired, and lives in New Mexico.

Thanks for this confirmation. Are they nuts in the Republican Party? I am working on the Obama campaign making phone calls on Monday nights. It is very interesting and I feel I need to do something. The whole Democratic Party headquarters here in Las Cruces are staffed by young people and some came here from other states. He said that he wants to be able to tell his children later on that he did everything he could to get Obama elected. I am getting very nervous about this election!

How proud of my mom am I?

To quote another female great, I love this woman.

3 comments:

SaRaH said...

Thanks so much for that article. I'm passing it on right now. I'm SO proud of your mom! I love that woman, too. ;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Me, too.

Unknown said...

I read that article the other day. It's very interesting. Even my Republican in-laws think McCain/Palin is a joke and can't wait to vote for Obama. Go, mom!