Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gifts for that hard-to-buy-for person.....

I gave this book, 12 ways you made a difference, for my mom's 70th birthday.


Made her cry, and laugh.


One of the pages makes you list 5 lessons that the person to whom you are giving the book taught you. I won't detail the sentimental ones, but I feel the following lessons I learned from my mom warrant publicity:


3. When addressing Christmas gifts, Santa's handwriting should always be different from mommy's handwriting.


5. Hamburger buns are worth the extra money.


Also, I found this and really liked it. You can pick any of the 300 messages to go into the jar (they are all sweet, positive messages, nothing like "I cheated on you with your best friend") (although that would be a funny gift to certain people) and decorate the jar any way you like. A treat for the giver as well as the getter.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

LOL! Love #3 and 5! So true!

SaRaH said...

You're a good kid, Chris. What a precious book.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea the message jar is. I think I will get it for my mom for her birthday next month.