Friday, April 9, 2010

Worse

I'm traveling for work.

Specifically, I drove 5 hours yesterday to stay at a hotel and today I'm taking the deposition of a plaintiff in a federal lawsuit. After the deposition concludes today, I drive 5 hours home.

I joked to a friend yesterday that I was sure the miscarriage would start in earnest during this trip. Since the plaintiff's dep is the most important.

Guess what I woke up to?

It's not a joke today.

I suppose the bright side is that I'm so concerned with getting through the dep and drive home that I'm not completely falling apart. I'm also very hopeful that I can get to a store before the dep starts and get the requisite supplies.

Official stats (in honor of the Colorado Rockies' opening day):

17 days late

7 weeks gestation

7th pregnancy

6th miscarriage




Brody really is a bona fide, undeniable, genuine miracle. I cannot wait to hold him tonight.


-- Post From My iPhone

Location:Grand Junction, Colorado

5 comments:

Beth said...

My heart is breaking for you. I usually don't comment, but I am out here. Please know that I (and many others) are out here sending you lots of strong vibes to you today as you try and soldier on and do your job as if you are not human.

Our Beautiful Life said...

(((((HUGS))))) Love you Chris. I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

I love you. And I love your baby, too. Just so you know.

Shannon said...

I love you too and I'm so sorry I didn't read any of this sooner. I hope you are ok.

Jacque said...

More ((HUGS)). Just said a prayer for you.