Monday, August 24, 2009

Update update update

1. Update to nerves: the thing I wanted to happen, it did not happen. The bad possibility happened. The person is dealing with it. Still trying to get it done. Not laid off though things are .... tense.

2. Trip to Michigan: so much fun and so wonderful to see my sisters and brother, nieces and nephew. Brody had fun and especially loved my sister's dogs Bella, Emma and Coco. I would post a photograph or two but I left the camera my niece's bed. In Michigan. I ate my weight. Coney, Pancake House, Polish Village and more.

3. You know what I just realized? I didn't even think to visit my father's or brother's graves. I guess I don't believe they are there. They are where we are.

4. Drove by one of my childhood homes. It's for sale. In light of the depression in Michigan right now, it's very cheap, especially for the area. In fact, on Friday it was $315,000. Today it is $289,000. In 1978, it was $78,000. If only we had a way to buy it. The owners since us have completely redone parts of it, which we viewed thanks to the virtual tour online. I want my sister to buy the house. She already has one and also has 2 children in college, but still. I have been inordinately excited about returning to it since I drove by it with my nieces on Friday.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

The house next to us sold for $220. A few years ago it was $340. Yikes.

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm so sorry about your friend. Sometimes life just sucks.