Friday, August 14, 2009

Streaming consciousness

1. I love my bosses. They are divine. They did something very kind for me this week (flexibility on leave time), and also, one of them bought Brody this book.


2. Brody starts preschool August 25, two days a week, 8:15-11:15am. We have to buy school supplies before then. We're enrolling him in a feeder school for his eventual elementary school solely for the purpose of him forming friendships which, our experts say, reduces the likelihood of teasing and bullying in kindergarten and beyond because of his limb difference.
The problem? We have to get permission from his current "preschool" (really it's a daycare but it's name is xxx Preschool) to drop him off at 11:30 am two days/week. They require kids to be there by 9am. Here's hoping they grant permission because otherwise...well, I don't have an otherwise.

3. Brody and I are traveling to Michigan next week! I grew up in Grosse Pointe Woods, and two sisters and my brother still live there with their families. I can't wait to see my sisters. But what amazes me is that my biannual sojourn to my hometown has become this delicious culinary tour: Coney Island, Olga's, and the Original Pancake House. I'm also feeling landlocked, and need a nice long view of Lake St. Clair,



and maybe a drive by my old house. On occasion, I still dream of driving around GPW.

4. Speaking of travel, the plans for France 2010 are firming up. Seven days in Villefranche sur mer. Then we are thinking of adding a few days in Paris. Three things we want to do in Paris: Seine boat tour, the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower. Not surprisingly, hotels are ridiculous in Paris (300 euros per night??). Then I remembered Homeaway.com, which features several apartments to rent that are bigger and cheaper than a grungy hotel.
5. Still haven't seen the television appearance. Did a phone interview with a local newspaper today. Monday the paper is sending a photographer to our house to take pictures of us during dinner. I do not understand why they won't use our pictures. My house will be very clean by then though.
6. Going to see Julie and Julia on Sunday with two girlfriends while B is with my mother-in-law. And lunch. Very excited for girlfriend time.

3 comments:

SaRaH said...

I'm so excited about the trip. Definitely tack on Paris -- I can't imagine you'd regret it.

Unknown said...

Oh, you will have a simply DIVINE time in France. I'm so happy for you!

becca said...

Hold on a second...are you coming through Chicago? Because if you are I will totally haul my lazy butt and (not-lazy) kids out to meet up with you some where!

- becca

eyeonthebaby.blogspot.com