I just saw this, and adapted one question from the original. I sent it to my own mom, but I like the idea of it so much, I'm blogging it. It seems I am surrounded by friends who have lost their mothers, and the subject of Mothers Day is heartbreaking for them. So I am going to cherish my own mother's presence even more.
Here are the 10 questions to ask your mom:
1. What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
2. Why did you choose to be with my father?
3. In what ways do you think I'm like you?
4. Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?
5. What is your favorite memory of my childhood?
6. Do you think it's easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?
8. What's the best thing I can do for you right now?
9. Is there anything that you wish had been different between us -- or that you would still like to change?
10. When did you realize you were no longer a child?