Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Revelation?

A few nights ago, in the living room, Brody was playing with parts of an erector set. He had two sticks, and he said they were his baby.

He went to Jeremy and imitated, with disturbing accuracy, the incessant "Wah wah wah" of a newborn. Then Brody said in a soothing, lilting voice, "Its okay, baby. It's okay." And the "baby" stopped crying.

Jeremy muttered under his breath, "So, basically, you're more ready for this baby than I am."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

SaRaH said...

Thank GOODNESS you live with the baby whisperer! I predict peace and nights of slumber!

Unknown said...

That is SO SWEET. He is going to be an amazing big brother. And, someday, he will be an amazing father. *tear*

Shannon said...

SO cute!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Kevin would love to have a sibling and he pretends to be the brother to a play dough worm he carries around. He says the worm is his older brother. He asked me if he was a girl, could he be its sister? And I said yes. Then he said, was there anyway he could be both a sister and a brother to his worm? I am glad Brody will have this relationship.