Plans for the weekend:
1. Further de-clutter the house. Focus points: upstairs hallway (yeah, we managed to clutter that up. It's pretty impressive, but also annoying as shyt), garage, office.
2. Start tax document gathering. Yeah, there's a pile of tax documents in the garage (see above) that I have to sort through, most of which are unpaid or unpayable medical bills from Brody's adventures. I hate opening them, because it gives me agita. But I'm trying to be a grown up non-procrastinator, and act like an unemotional lawyer in my private life, and get our taxes done in time. Thank GOD for the medical expense tax deduction. Now if only there was a retail therapy tax deduction.
3. Our friends' joint birthday party. They both have birthdays in February, and so they are hosting a gala blowout birthday party at their house. In laws are taking B overnight (yeah, I'm a hypocrite, these are the same inlaws as my post earling in the week), and our friends bought wii karaoke. You do the math. It's gonna be grand, baby. And to further celebrate the renal success, I'm doing cranberry and vodka.
1. Answer the phone. In the last year or so, I've started to prefer all communication to electronic version: text and email. Even people I love, sometimes I screen and they go to VM. What's that about? I don't think it's healthy, so I'm going to force myself to answer the phone and maybe even (gasp!) call some folks. But one thing at a time.
2. Taxes. Ugh. So much anxiety it causes. Why is that? We always get a refund. But what if we don't this year? That is the trouble.
3. Write the blog post this weekend announcing big news in the life of me. (No, not pregnant). But it's something that's been percolating for a few weeks, or months, and I want to get it going already. The blog post will crystallize it and make me move forward. deep breath. It's good news. But a massive (I hope!) undertaking.
4. Drink more water. (I had to have at least one cliche).
Hope you all have a good weekend.