Wednesday, December 23, 2009

39 and ripening

Today is my birthday.

I'm giving myself quotes:

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. ~Samuel Ullman

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. ~Douglas MacArthur

It's sad to grow old, but nice to ripen. ~Brigitte Bardot

- Posted while lounging in bed using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! You deserve it!

Unknown said...

I'm not afraid of getting older. I'm afraid of losing myself. I'm actually afraid of dying. There's so much I still want to see and do. I wonder, 50 years from now, if I will feel differently. I suppose it's up to me to make it so that I don't feel that way when the time comes. Sorry for getting all morbid on you :-P

SaRaH said...

My favorite part of this post? "LOUNGING IN BED"

Let's keep our enthusiasm. We don't have no stinkin' need for wrinkled souls around here.