Friday, August 1, 2014

I am alive!

I went to grad school. I am now the proud owner of a Master's in education.
I start teaching in 17 days. I teach special ed in an elementary school. I feel like it is what I was meant to do, but also that I could not do it without having had Brody and Liam, and being a lawyer for so many years.
I am still technically a lawyer. It feels strange to answer the question "What do you do?" by answering lawyer. It feels equally odd to answer "teacher."
In the last year, I've made some of the best friends of my life. I've leaned on my other friends, and I've been an awfully neglectful sister. And mother. My youngest is 3 now and he is still recovering from me not being around much in the last 14 months.
I am still married, still have two children. They are still cute.
I still cannot stand the way my husband chews.
I hope to blog more now that I have a brand new career about which to neurotically analyze and complain. 

No comments: